Among all security scanners, the w3af facility offers the best interface is easy to use with the maximum strong application. W3af official website explains its operation as follows:
“[W3af] is the web application attack and audit framework.The goal of the project is to create a framework to help protect your web applications by finding and exploiting all the weaknesses of the web application.
Use w3af to select more than 200 points twice and reduce the exposure of your overall risk. Identify weaknesses, such as injection cycle, site-to-site scripting, and credentials can be omitted, application errors are processed and PHP settings bad. ”
The W3af tool is described in the official site as “three main sections”:
- Basic, which coordinated the whole process, provides libraries for use in accessories.
- User interfaces, which allow the user to configure and start scanning
- Food supplements, which are links and weaknesses
To install w3af without error, you will need the latest versions of Jet client, Python, and kernel. After that, the facility itself is easy.
For Linux users:
- apt-get update
- apt-get install -y w3af – (continue below if the latest version is not installed)
- cd ~
- apt-get update
- apt-get install -y python-pip w3af
- pip install –upgrade pip
- git clone https://github.com/andresriancho/w3af.git
- cd w3af
- . /tmp/w3af_dependency_install.sh
After installation, w3af is open. It’s time to familiarize yourself with a neat little gadget.
- For profiles, select “full_audit” (or what you prefer)
- Select “Yes”
- Enter your destination address next to “Goal”
- Select “Clear” (and choose any special extension)
- Once the scan is complete, you will see a record of weakness
- Go to “Results” then “KB Browser” for more details
If you navigate to URLs, also show URL based on PHP. Similarly, the exploit tab will explain the type of vulnerability of the target site. In conclusion, there is no doubt that w3af is an ideal solution for people running from their own gadget sites. This tool is also useful for pen testing (and general curiosity when shaded browsing sites).