Too Lazzzy to Read? Listen to this article👇
What is Virtual Reality?
Virtual Reality (VR) refers to a computer-generated simulation in which a person can interact within an artificial three-dimensional environment using electronic devices, such as special goggles with a screen or gloves fitted with sensors.
It is the use of computer technology to create a simulated environment.
Virtual Reality places the users inside an experience. Users can interact with 3-D worlds instead of just viewing them. They can feel or experience it around them.
Virtual Reality can be a 360° immersive experience, where computer-generated graphics help create things as close to reality as possible.
It can be used by coaches or players to train more efficiently across a range of sports as they can watch and experience certain situations repeatedly and can improve every time.
It is used as a training aid to help measure athletic performance and analyze techniques.
Types of virtual reality simulations:-
There are three main types of virtual reality simulations –
(I) Non- immersive: These types of virtual experiences are often overlooked as a virtual reality category because they’re already so commonly used in everyday life.
It provides a computer-generated environment and allows the users to stay away from and keep control of their physical environment.
Video games are a classic example of non – immersive virtual reality simulations.
(II) Semi-immersive: It provides users with a virtual environment.
This technology provides realism through 3D graphics, a term known as virtual reality depth.
(III) Fully – immersive: It gives users the most realistic simulation experience, complete with sight and sound.
Virtual Reality headsets provide high-resolution content with a wide field of view.
This type of VR has been commonly adopted for gaming and other purposes, but usage in other sectors, namely education, is increasing now as well.
Pros of virtual reality :
- Visuals seen in virtual reality are much better than in reality. It gives a good gaming experience to the users.
- Due to its extensive features, it is used in various fields such as education, military, health care, etc.
- Virtual Reality gives a detailed view of the place for example it makes the tourism sites more interesting and easy.
- The VR technology makes users feel that they experience real locations and hearing the real sounds and seeing real things.
- Users can communicate with each other and thus effective communication becomes one of its advantages.
- Users came to know about different types of people and get connected with them.
Cons of virtual reality:
- One of the main disadvantages of virtual reality is not everyone can afford it due to its high costs.
- The users often get a feeling of worthlessness. They feel like they are escaping from the real world.
- The users get addicted to the virtual world and face cut off from the real world.
- Though virtual reality is used in various fields, it is still experimental.
- The users may not give the same results in real-life situations as compared to the virtual world.
What is Augmented Reality?
This technology superimposes a CG image on a user’s view of the real world.
Unlike virtual reality where everything a user sees is generated by a computer, augmented reality keeps the real-world focus, it just adds elements that aren’t there to enhance the user’s experience.
Augmented reality is largely related to two synonymous terms: mixed reality and computer-mediated reality.
The augmented reality nowadays is used in medical training.
Its application ranges from MRI application to performing highly delicate surgery.
AR technology holds the potential to boost the depth and effectiveness of medical training in many areas.
It is used to enhance natural environments or situations and offers perceptually enriched experiences. Information about the environment and its objects is overlaid. This information can be real or virtual.
Augmented reality differs from virtual reality in the sense that in augmented reality parts of the surrounding environment are actually real and just adding layers of virtual objects to the real environment.
On the other hand, In virtual reality, the surrounding environment is completely virtual.
Virtual Reality and Games:
Virtual Reality is so trending in the gaming industry that it has benefited from this immersive technology. Many large-scale game development companies have jumped on the VR movement to transform the user experience.
Virtual reality gaming is increasing business value with the help of disruptive technology. VR gadgets are getting in trend among gamers.
After the release of VR headsets in the market, a massive change and revolution started in the gaming industry. This resulted in the demand for VR games.
There are many benefits VR-driven applications in gaming are providing.
- Provides gamers with appealing virtual objects.
- Offers the ability to take players into the game in real-time.
- Cutting-edge capabilities that enrich the game environment.
- Digitally extended reality anywhere and anytime.
- Boost much attraction and retention among gaming players.
Moreover, the users can interact with the 3D creatures that appear on the screen.
VR games can be experienced or controlled by the movement of the body.
This is the new age of virtual reality. Also, VR is the hottest topic in gaming trends and grabbed the attention of the potential market.
Apps and virtual reality:
Mobile app development agencies have created several virtual reality devices that have made the technology available to the public for use.
These devices have made mobile phones function as virtual reality gadgets.
The mobile app development guide will highlight how app development is transforming the virtual reality app and an example of a successful VR application.
Augmented reality and virtual reality are some of the app development trends that most businesses have embraced today.
Companies like Sony, Facebook, Samsung have already produced their VR-enabled devices as Playstation.